A Scottie named “Sadie” Takes Westminster Dog Show 2010!
Another wonderful show. This years 134th Westminster Dog Show was unbelievable! These were some of the most beautiful dogs ever. Over 2500 beautiful dogs were displayed representing 170 breeds during this two-day event. As always, competition and judging were tough, with a number of dogs returning to the show ring.
This year, a the Best In Show Trophy was awarded to "Ch Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot," a.k.a. "Sadie," a Scottish Terrier. Sadie was the #1 dog in the country this year – and to date had 112 career Best in Shows. Sadie understands the words "Hotdog" and "Cookie" in 5 different languages as she has people on her team from Mexico, Denmark, Wales, Japan, and the United States.
Sadie won best in his breed group then continued on to win best in show on the final judging at the 2010 Westminster Dog show! This was was her third visit to the Westminster Dog Show.
The show took place at Madison Square Gardens in New York City.
For more information about the Scottish Terrier breed, go to Scottish Terrier breed profile.
2010 Westminster Dog Show Results for Best in Breed Group
- Toy group: Ch Smash JP Moon Walk (Breed:Toy Poodle)
- Herding group: Ch Cordmaker Field Of Dreams (same as 2009) (Breed:Puli)
- Hound group: Ch Starline's Chanel (Breed:Whippet )
- Non-sporting group: Ch Ch Robobull Fabelhaft Im On Fire (Breed:French Bulldog).
- Terrier group: Ch Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot Same dog as 2009! (Breed: Scottish Terrier)
- Working group: Ch Allure Blazing Star Alisaton (Breed: Doberman Pinscher)
- Sporting group: A Brittany Ch Willowick Talltean (Breed: Brittany)
The Westminster Dog Show, in its 134th season in 2009, is the second-longest continuously running sporting event in the United States, next to the Kentucky Derby.
This year, three new breeds where added to the list – they include:
- IRISH RED AND WHITE SETTER – Sporting Group
- NORWEGIAN BUHUND – Herding Group
- PYRENEAN SHEPHERD – Herding Group
You may want to mark you calendar for next year's event. Next year will mark the 135th year!
Next year's dates are: Monday and Tuesday, February 14-15, 2011.