It may be your pup’s favorite holiday, and if it’s not it soon will be. National Dog Biscuit Day is February 23! Celebrate the day by spoiling your pup with treats and quality time by making your own homemade dog biscuits! Here are some of our favorite recipes we’ve posted in the past.
Peanut Butter Pet Treats
Here’s a recipe from the archives:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup xylitol-free peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine oil, peanut butter, and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough.
- Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-to-4-inch pieces. You can use cookie cutters if you’d like.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Dogs love peanut butter and these homemade dog biscuits are easier to eat than licking it straight from the jar.
@softinkbrows The inly time ill ever see this big baby look like a killer.😂😂 #dogsoftiktok #huskylife #peanutbutter ♬ Funny Song – Cavendish Music
Fido’s Favorite Sweet Potato Pie Dog Biscuits
Whether you’re missing fall, or your pup loves sweet potatoes, these dog biscuits are sure to be a hit.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 slices of cooked crumbled bacon or ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add vegetable oil and mix until crumbly. You can use a mixer or mix by hand.
- Add mashed sweet potato and bacon. Mix well.
- Add water and mix until batter forms a dough.
- Roll dough on floured surface until approximately ¼ inch think. Cut into shapes. A small pumpkin, cat, or Halloween cookie cutter shape works great depending on the season!
- Place treats on a cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until they are dry and firm.
- Turn off oven and leave in the oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Baking your sweet potatoes into dog biscuits is a lot less confusing for your pooch than just giving them a plain potato.
@oliviagingram Hi tiktok, I’m Annie #dogchallenge #fyp #puppiesoftiktok #puppies #trending ♬ original sound – Olivia Ingram
Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
These tasty treats will give your pup pumpkin to talk about. Pumpkin is great for your pet’s digestion, so bake up a batch to not only make them happy, but also keep them healthy.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cut in shortening.
- Beat egg with milk and pumpkin and combine with flour, mixing well.
- Stir until soft dough forms.
- Drop tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Your dog will love these pumpkin treats!
@good.boy.ollie Pumpkin update! The end is near #pumpkin #dogsoftiktok #labrador ♬ Oh Klahoma – Jack Stauber
Have a National Dog Biscuit Day Party
National Dog Biscuit Day is a great excuse for you and your friends to have a party with your dogs. If everyone brings their dog’s favorite treat or biscuit, you can create your very own Doggy Buffet. While you’re at it, play a game of Bobbing for Biscuits!
@ghostmalone3 Ghost turns 5 and Valentines Party! #dogbirthday #dogparty #greatpyrenees #dogfriends #gotchaday ♬ hotel r a s p u t i n service – veggibeats
Happy National Dog Biscuit Day from all of us at PetPlace!
Pet insurance can be a safety net for you and your pet,
helping your pet care budget go further.
Get a free quote from PetPartners today.Underwritten by Independence American Insurance Company Get Your Quote
PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace.com. PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.