Summer Fashions 2001
As models prepare to strut new summer fashions on the catwalk, ask yourself one thing: Can your cat hold her head aloft? Or is her wardrobe not fit for a dog? (Or, are your dog's threads not fit for a … well, you get the point.)
Everyone wants to be refreshed with a new wardrobe this year, and there are plenty of opportunities for shopping for a new "look." Whether the new duds function to keep the rain out, as with a new slicker, or to be cool and safe with a reflective scarf, nothing is better than to dress up.
We searched the web to come up with a summer buying guide to 2001 fashion. Although mostly for dogs, there are some fashions for bird and cats. Here are some ideas:
- Annie's Costumes. If you want threads for your dog and cat, this is the place. For the conquering cat in your life, a pirate outfit, available with a crossbones decorated hat and red-stripped scarf, $12.95 which is also available in dog sizes. For the flower in your life, the daisy dog outfit will really add a lift to any wardrobe. A white pedal hat is set off with a big green bow, $12.95. (www.anniescostumes.com)
- Maddogdesigns. A golf suit is always fitting for the warm days. Whether running across the greens or walking down the street, this tribute to golf comes in a Burberry plaid pattern, $19.99. (www.maddogdesigns.com)
- Ragdog. Rainy days showers bring more flowers? No problem with this slicker. This is a must have for the fashion conscious pooch who hates bad hair days, $ 7.99 – 12.99 depending on size. (www.ragdog.com)
- Doctors Foster & Smith. Way too cool in this Denim jacket and hat. Casual, relaxed and never out of style for those cool evening walks. A must for the cool dog in your life, $21.99. For an additional $5.00, you can have the jacket personalized (monogrammed). (www.DrsFosterSmith.com)
- Glowdog. Safety and fashion are combined in colorful bandanas. These are great for the unpretentious pet that prefers to be cool and comfortable. Cheery colors by day and bright reflective colors at night keeps your pet safe, $6.95-9.25. (www.glowdog.com)
- Featherwear. What about the bird in your life? You can dress him up as a birdie bunny – or even a beach birdie or a hippie birdie. Costumes are sized to fit both smaller and larger birds and range in price from $24.95-$29.95. (www.featherwear.com)
- Ursula's Costumes. For the elegant dog that believes it is better to look good and feel good: Ursula's has a black-tie and white-cuff combo for under $20. (www.ursulascostumes.com)
- Grobiz Pet Fashion. What about something for the little pest in your life. Dress your favorite pooch as a brightly stripped bee, a bright red babybug or as a colorful neon pink ladybug, $20.00-28.00. Your pet will be the buzz of the neighborhood. (www.grobiz.com).