PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace.com. PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.
Are you crazy about your dog? Would you go so far as to describe yourself as Dog Crazy?
Dog Crazy owners do all kinds of things that show everyone how much they care about their dogs! They tend to do things that comfort, are fun and increase the human-pet bond.
Take our Dog Crazy quiz and find out if you are truly Dog Crazy! Each of the following questions is worth 2 points.
1. Do you call your dog from work or when you are not at home?
2. Do you celebrate your dog's birthday?
3. Have you ever given your dog a birthday party?
4. Do you cook or make homemade treats for your dog?
5. Do you kiss your dog? (On the lips – 2 bonus points)
6. Do you hug your dog?
7. Do you dress your dog with a fancy coat, bandana or hat? (sunglasses = 2 bonus points)
8. Do you wear dog related shirts, hats or sweaters that tell people that you are a dog owner?
9. Do you include your dog in festivities at your home such as parties, family get together (or is he locked away?
10. Do you dress your dog for the holidays (e.g. with a fancy collar or Santa suit)
11. Do you buy gifts for your dog?
12. Do you talk to your dog? (If you answer for them – 2 bonus points)
13. Does your dog sleep in the bed with you?
14. Do you have more than one dog?
15. Do you have special dog furniture e.g. dog beds?
16. If you board your dog, does your dog get the special room with the TV or any other special dog crazy features?
17. Does your dog get special grooming rituals? (Such as special shampoos or nail polish)?
18. Do you brush your dog's teeth?
19. Do you give your dog treats more than once per day?
20. Does your dog where cologne?
21. Do you dress to coordinate outfits with your dog?
22. Do you carry a photo of your dog with you or do you have a photo of your dog on your desk?
23. Does your dog have a "nickname" like Doodle bug (when her name is really Pepper) or Bunky Boy (when is name is really Sammy)
24. When buying a vehicle, you specifically shop for one that will comfortably accommodate your dog?
25. Does your dog have his or her own stocking and gifts under the Christmas tree?
26. Do you worry about dog safety by carefully watching what you plant in your garden or plants you bring into your home?
27. On the way to and from work, you stop at the doggie daycare?
28. Instead of the kennel, does your dog go to Grandma's house?
29. Before going out in the cold, do you dress your dog in the proper gear?
30. Is there is a seatbelt or car seat in your vehicle for your dog?
31. Do you always keep dog biscuits in your purse?
32. When cleaning out your pockets before doing laundry, do you find dog treats?
33. Does your dog have health insurance?
34. Do you have arrangements in your will for you dog?
35. You have been known to take your dog to the mall in a stroller or a papoose?
36. Your friends threw you a shower when you got your puppy.
37. You've called off work because your dog is ill.
38. You know that spending quality time with your dog everyday is a priority.
Give yourself 2 points for each of the above questions. Calculate your total and … how Dog Crazy you are
60 – 82 points – you are not only Dog Crazy but also you qualify as a Dog Crazy NUT! (In a very good way) You love you dog a lot and he is very lucky to have someone that cares so much!
40 – 59 points – You are Dog Crazy! You love your dog and spend time bonding with your dog. Great job!
20 – 30 points – You love your dog very much and you get a star for being crazy about your dog. You could bump it up a notch and get matching outfits!
0 – 19 points – You care about your dog, love your dog but are not considered totally over-the-top Dog Crazy. Your friends and relatives probably would describe you as loving your dog but not a NUT!