A New Survey Conducted by the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association Shows Nearly One in Five Companies Allow Pets at Work!
The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association shows more and more Americans believe pets should be allowed in the workplace.
According to this national poll of working Americans 18 years of age and over, 17% report their company permits pets at work. However, 23% are of the belief that pets should be allowed in the workplace.
Of those surveyed, most believe having pets at work helps reduce stress and makes people happier. Here are some findings:
* 75 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace makes people happier
* 70 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace reduces stress
* 47 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment
* 37 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism
* 41 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along better
* 46 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment
* 23 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace
* 34 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours
* The most common pet brought to work is a dog (76%), while 24% bring a small animal and 15% bring a cat
“This survey indicates that more people are realizing the importance of pets in the workplace. Pets are becoming more of a welcome addition and proving to be beneficial to employee well-being and office culture,” said APPMA President, Bob Vetere.
About the American Pet Products Manufacturer’s Association (APPMA)
AAPMA is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPMA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPMA’s mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper.