What is Your Dog Saying About You to Your Dates?
What is Your Dog Saying About You to Dates?
Dating: it’s tough no matter who you are. Even though there are over 7 billion people on Earth, finding a “good” one is rarely a walk in the park. When you’re on the hunt for love it’s easy to scrutinize your personality and looks to find the best way to attract potential mates. But did you ever stop to think about what messages (both good and bad) your DOG might send to your next date? The creators of the Klooff.com pet-centric social network app set out to find the answer.
Check out our exclusive interview with Klooff.com creator Alejandro Russo here, where we discuss dogs and love. Go to: Dogs and Love: An Interview with Klooff.com Creator Alejandro Russo.
The Klooff.com team surveyed over 1,000 people across the U.S. looking for the top 5 breeds to land you a hot date. Survey subjects included both straight and gay respondents as well as dog owners and non-owners. Questions included respondents’ perceptions of dog breeds, as well as how those personality traits reflected on the dog’s owners. Without further ado, here are Klooff.com’s Top 5 Breeds for Attracting Men and Women:
The top dog breeds to attract men were:
2. Labrador Retrievers
1. Golden Retrievers
The top dog breeds to attract women were:
5. French Bulldogs
4. Siberian Huskies
3. Labrador Retrievers
2. Golden Retrievers
1. German Shepherds
Some of these responses might surprise you. That’s even more likely when you consider that some breeds judged as “hot” were also considered one-night-stand material! Check out some of the other findings which emerged from the survey:
Men and Dogs
- People were twice as likely to see a man who owns a Boxer, a Bulldog or Rottweiler as just a “hook up” than a man who owns a Pit Bull or Labrador Retriever.
- People are over 10 times more likely to see a man who owns a Golden Retriever and 3 times more likely to see a man who owns a German Shepherd as “marriage material” or “boyfriend material,” than a man who owns a Pit Bull.
- People are 10 times more likely to see a man who owns a Pit Bull or a Rottweiler as “slimy” or “sketchy” than a man who owns a Siberian Husky.
- People are very likely to see a man who owns a Labrador Retriever as a potential “great dad.”
- People see male Siberian Husky owners as “more manly” than male owners of Bulldogs.
Women and Dogs
- The vast majority of people surveyed think that a woman who owns a Chihuahua is more likely to be dumb than a woman who owns any other breed.
- Respondents were overwhelmingly more likely to see a woman who owns a Golden Retriever as girlfriend material than a woman who owns a Chihuahua.
- Respondents were more than 5 times more likely to see a woman who owns a Chihuahua as someone to only have a “one night stand” with than a woman who owns a Golden Retriever.
- More respondents thought that women who own a Poodle are also more likely to just be a “one night stand” than a woman who owns any other breed.
- Respondents are twice more likely to think that women who own a Poodle or Chihuahua are more “high maintenance” than women who own a Siberian Husky.
- However, people think that women who own Chihuahuas are “probably hot” over any other breed
What does this mean for you? If your dog implies some less-positive things about you, don’t get discouraged! Ultimately, the most attractive dog owner is one who loves and cares for his or her pet. Don’t get a specific breed just to attract cute dates if they aren’t a good fit for your lifestyle. Instead, focus on getting out there and having fun-who knows where you’ll find love?
For more information on this survey and to download Klooff, the best place to share your adventures with your pet to the world, visit klooff.com.