Ethanol Toxicity Tip

Ethanol Toxicity Tip

Ethanol is a major component of alcoholic beverages and is also included in fermented products including bread dough. Signs of toxicity such as staggering, drooling, vomiting and lethargy occur when an excessive amount is ingested. In extreme cases, ethanol toxicity can result in death. Treatment is usually successful and most pets fully recover. Due to the potential toxicity and associated illness, ethanol ingestion is not recommended in pets but, it if occurs, prompt veterinary care is encouraged.

For more information, please read the article Ethanol Toxicity.

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Dog Care

New Tricks For an Old Dog: Caring For a Senior Dog

Next Article button