Jet-Setting With Your Pet: Luxury Pet Travel
If you've ever been on vacation and felt remorseful because your pet had to stay behind, you may be amazed at the luxuries now available to accommodate traveling with pets. Pet room service, entertainment, spas and adventurous activities are offered so you and your pet can now vacation comfortably together. The hassles of finding a pet-friendly hotel are a thing of the past. Today, hotels are instituting programs that cater to pets and the people who love them.
As a pet owner you may realize that vacations, while relaxing for us can be quite stressful on our pets. For those dogs or cats that become stressed in our absence, pet friendly travel is a feasible solution. Feeling guilty for leaving your pet behind might just be a thing of the past.
Flying With Your Pet
- Most major airlines are quite accommodating for flying with small dogs or cats and will allow them to board as a carry-on item. Large dogs are still shipped as cargo but handled as high priority items that receive last minute loading and immediate unloading for quick return to their owners.
- For the easy to please pet, just being able to accompany their owner on the trip is a luxury. At La Quinta Inns and Suites cats and dogs up to 50 pounds are welcome with no extra fees or deposits charged.
Here are some of the most accommodating across the globe.
- At Hotel Monaco four legged friends have the option of renting animal movie classics such as Dr. Dolittle, Babe or Lassie while enjoying cookies and drinking bowels of Evian water. If your precious pooch tires of being a couch potato-there is a 1 hour dog-walking service available and monogrammed coats if the weather is inclement. In case of emergencies Hotel Monaco New Orleans offers an in-house veterinarian.
- Westin Hotels provide heavenly beds duvets, plush dog robes for your pet to unwind and leashes and collars.
- Personalized pet attention is offered at Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows where pets are greeted by name in the lobby and are given cookies shaped like bones with their names frosted on top to eat in monogrammed beds.
Out of This World Pampering
- Exclusive offerings can be found at W Hotels such as toys, bones and special treats with turn down service. W Hotels New York locations provide the availability of in-room dog massages by licensed dog massage therapists.
- The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida has a complete pet spa menu that includes sports therapy and Swedish massages at around $130 per hour.
- Loews has extensive pet accommodations. Informative brochures are provided on ways to make your pet's trip happier, such as good ideas of places to walk your dog and pet friendly restaurants. Along with the usual food and water bowels, toys and treats-Loews supplies pooper scoopers and cat litter boxes as well as a pet room service menu. Included on the menu are dry, canned, and veggie food selections. At the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and Spa location doggies can catch a wave for a night at their own surf lesson for $300.
- Pets that are excited to get to the beach, but concerned the sun may be too hot could visit Las Cabos Mexico. Las Ventanas al Paraiso offers cabanas for dogs as well as open air spa treatments.
- In Phoenix the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa have come up with a "stir-fry" that is said to have been made to help jet lagged and those pets adjusting to altitude change.
- Hotel Gansevoort in New York provides gift baskets and sheets that go over the dog beds with your pet's name embroidered.
Should I Travel With My Pet?
Although these traveling alternatives may be tempting, it is important to consider your pet's well being first. Be sure to consider the stress associated with travel for your pet. Many dogs and cats do poorly with an abrupt change in environment, and may be better suited for in-home pet-sitting services. However for the easy going dog or cat, traveling in style is easier now than ever.