Now here’s something we haven’t heard of before: several wonderful and dedicated animal lovers have emailed us with great names for dogs with 3 legs. Whether it’s a “tripod puppy” or an older dog with a limp, we think these names are really creative!
All of these dog names were all submitted with love and we hope you enjoy them too. Who knows…maybe one will suit your dog!
We hope this list of 3-legged dog names gives you an idea on naming your pup. Do you have a good name suggestion? Tell us!
- Charm – The phrase “Third time’s the charm” refers to the superstition that after two failures in any endeavor, a third attempt is more likely to succeed.
- Dochas – for the three Doshas (weaknesses)
- Drei (German word for three)
- Froggy (only a kiss away from being a prince)
- Hat trick
- Hatty – In cricket, if a bowler takes 3 wickets in a row it is called a hat trick.
- Heegner – Three is the third in the Heegner number series.
- Humpback (for the humpback of Notre Dame)
- Lucky (Three is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word “alive”)
- Pie (actually closer to 3.14159)
- Speedy (not quite but we loved this name)
- Star – The Roman numeral III stands for giant star in the Yerkes spectral classification scheme.
- Three Paws
- Threepeat – a term for a team that wins three consecutive championships.
- Tre (Italian word for three)
- Tres (Spanish for three)
- Triathlon – sports competition with three events: swimming, bicycling, and running
- Triple Heart
- Triple Love Bug
- Triple Sec
- Trois (French word for three pronounced “twau”
- Trzy – (Polish word for three)
- WobbleDo you have a great name for a 3-legged or limping dog? Tell us about the dg name and how you came up with it! Email us!
By the way – if this list doesn’t fit your needs, see this one!
Doesn’t matter how or what you would like to name your dog, we have the perfect name for you. Are you looking for a dog name to go with personality traits such as independent dogs, playful dogs, funny dogs, cute or beautiful dogs, loving dogs, sweet dogs, big dogs or dogs with big personalities, small dogs, aggressive dogs or good watch dogs, smart dogs, not so smart dogs, strong dogs, fast dogs, ornery dogs, or talkative dogs?
Or are you looking for a name your dog based on his hair coat color or type such as he is yellow, red or brown, silver or grey, black, black and white, spotted, wrinkled or a fluffy dog? Check out the links associated with any of those words and get our list! We have the perfect name for your dog!
Or have you found a stray dog or rescued a stray and want a name that fits?
Do you have a name suggestion?. Email us!
I hope these names help you find the prefect name for your 3 legged dog!