PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace.com. PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.
Now here’s something we haven’t heard of before: several wonderful and dedicated animal lovers have emailed us with great names for dogs with 3 legs. Whether it’s a “tripod puppy” or an older dog with a limp, we think these names are really creative!
All of these dog names were all submitted with love and we hope you enjoy them too. Who knows…maybe one will suit your dog!
We hope this list of 3-legged dog names gives you an idea on naming your pup. Do you have a good name suggestion? Tell us!
- Charm – The phrase “Third time’s the charm” refers to the superstition that after two failures in any endeavor, a third attempt is more likely to succeed.
- Dochas – for the three Doshas (weaknesses)
- Drei (German word for three)
- Froggy (only a kiss away from being a prince)
- Hat trick
- Hatty – In cricket, if a bowler takes 3 wickets in a row it is called a hat trick.
- Heegner – Three is the third in the Heegner number series.
- Humpback (for the humpback of Notre Dame)
- Lucky (Three is considered a good number in Chinese culture because it sounds like the word “alive”)
- Pie (actually closer to 3.14159)
- Speedy (not quite but we loved this name)
- Star – The Roman numeral III stands for giant star in the Yerkes spectral classification scheme.
- Three Paws
- Threepeat – a term for a team that wins three consecutive championships.
- Tre (Italian word for three)
- Tres (Spanish for three)
- Triathlon – sports competition with three events: swimming, bicycling, and running
- Triple Heart
- Triple Love Bug
- Triple Sec
- Trois (French word for three pronounced “twau”
- Trzy – (Polish word for three)
Do you have a great name for a 3-legged or limping dog? Tell us about the dg name and how you came up with it! Email us!