Tip on Fireworks Safety for Your Dog

The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) wants to remind animal lovers and pet parents to use caution during the summer. Here is their tip:

Fireworks aren't very petriotic. Never use fireworks around pets, and keep them stored in an area inaccessible to pets. Says Dr. Hansen, of the ASPCA. "While exposure to lit fireworks can potentially result in severe burns and/or trauma to the face and/or paws of curious pets, even unused fireworks can pose a danger. This is because many types of fireworks contain potentially toxic substances such as potassium nitrate, copper, chlorates, arsenic and other heavy metals."

number-of-posts0 paws up