If you suspect that your pet has been affected by a recalled food, do the following three steps to help your veterinarian with your pet's diagnosis:
– Retain all packaging.
– Identify date codes or production lot numbers.
– Retain purchase receipts.
– Dates products or products were fed.
– Consumption and palatability history.
– Time of onset of clinical signs.
– Detailed dietary history (ie, all products fed and feeding methods).
For more information on the pet food recall, go to Pet Food Recall Update from Dr. Debra.