Tips on Lost Dogs
Some dogs run away or get loose, becoming lost to us. It is a stressful time. Here are some tips on what you can do:
- If your dog has an ID tag with your phone number, make sure someone says near the phone.
- If your dog is microchipped, call the microchip company and alert them that your dog is lost.
- Call your local veterinarian to let them know and also ask them to keep you in mind in case someone calls that has found a dog.
- Find a photo of your dog and make a flyer that shows a photo of your dog. Be sure to label as lost or missing and include your phone number. If possible, offer a reward. Post the flyers around your town.
- Call your local humane societies and shelters.
- GO to your local humane societies and shelters. Calling alone is not going to work. You need to go and go often looking for new dogs that come in.
For more information on grieving and pet loss, please read What to Do If Your Dog is Lost.