Tips on Non-Toxic Items Dogs Can Eat

Tips on Non-Toxic Items Dogs Can Eat

If your dog is a chewer or gets in to things, you may want to know what is considered dangerous and what is not.

As a generally rule, if it is safe for kids, it is generally not toxic to dogs in small amounts. For example, crayons and play-doh are not toxic when eaten in small amounts. It is important to know how much your pet ate and if any of the container or package was eaten. Although the product may not be toxic, the package can still represent an important danger of an intestinal obstruction.

Commonly ingested non-toxic items may include:

  • Bubble bath soaps
  • Candles
  • Most cosmetics
  • Crayons
  • Deodorants
  • Elmer's glue
  • Hair conditioner
  • Hand lotion
  • Indelible markers
  • Ink
  • Lipstick
  • Magic markers
  • Modeling clay
  • Newspaper – non-colored
  • Pencils (no longer made of lead)
  • Play-Doh
  • Silica gel packets
  • Soap
  • Suntan lotion
  • Superglue

    For a more complete list, please read Non-toxic Items Commonly Ingested by Dogs.

  • number-of-posts0 paws up

    Previous / Next Article

    Previous Article button

    Dog Care

    Tips on Red Flags when Looking at Dog Trainers

    Next Article button