Home Care and Prevention
If accidental ingestion has occurred, remove any remaining pills from the pet’s environment. Take your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible for treatment of an overdosage of Rimadyl®.
If you have been administering Rimadyl® and you note vomiting, melena, pale or yellow gums or loss of appetite, stop administration of Rimadyl® and take your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible.
To prevent toxicity, never exceed the dose of Rimadyl® prescribed by your veterinarian. Administer Rimadyl® with food to help prevent stomach upset.