When choosing a grain free food for your dog it is critical to pick a company that will provide high quality ingredients, consistency in the formulation, free of artificial colors and preservatives, and formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of your dog’s individual needs.
Ensure the bag indicates that the manufacturer is compliant to meet the guidelines of the AAFCO who is the Association of American Feed Control Officials.
Companies that produce high-quality grain free dog food include:
- Acana Heritage Grain-Free Dog Food
- Best Breed
- Grandma Lucy’s
- Merrick Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Foods
- Natures Recipe
- Nutro Ultra Grain-Free Dog Food
- Primal Pet Foods
- Stella and Chewy’s
- Taste of the Wild
- Wellness Core Grain-Free Dog Food
- Zignature Grain-Free Dog Food
Please review the articles below or discuss your additional questions about grain free dog food with your veterinarian at your next appointment.
Additional Articles Related to Grain Free Dog Food
- Grain Free Dog Food Vs. Regular Dog Food
- Do Dogs Need Grains in Their Diet?
- What Are the Benefits of Grain Free Dog Food?
- Grain Free Dog Food Warning: What You Should Know
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy in Dogs and Cats
- Food Allergy in Dogs
- My Dog is Not Eating, What Do I Do?
- Here Are the Best Dog Foods for Picky Dogs
- Home Care For the Dog Who Won’t Eat
- What’s the Best Tasting Dry Dog Food for Your Pet?
- What’s the Right Canine Epilepsy Diet? Nutrition in Dogs
- The Raw Meat Diet Debate
- Dangerous Foods – Learn What is Harmful to Your Dog