If you are trying to eliminate glutens, the foods to avoid are wheat, barley and rye as the biggest culprit. Grains that do not contain gluten include quinoa, oats, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, and rice.
Benefits of Feeding a Grain Free Food
While some dogs have no problems eating grains, others do have problems. Possible benefits of feeding grain free dog foods include:
- Smaller and fewer bowel movements
- Less flatulence (gas)
- Less shedding, less dandruff or dry skin, shinier hair coat
- Less symptoms associated with grain and food allergies
- More energy/more playful
Additional Articles Related to the Benefits of Grain Free Dog Food
- Grain Free Dog Food Vs. Regular Dog Food
- Do Dogs Need Grains in Their Diet?
- Grain Free Dog Food Warning: What You Should Know
- Gluten-Sensitive Enteropathy in Dogs and Cats
- Food Allergy in Dogs
- My Dog is Not Eating, What Do I Do?
- Here Are the Best Dog Foods for Picky Dogs
- Home Care For the Dog Who Won’t Eat
- What’s the Best Tasting Dry Dog Food for Your Pet?
- What’s the Right Canine Epilepsy Diet? Nutrition in Dogs
- The Raw Meat Diet Debate
- Dangerous Foods – Learn What is Harmful to Your Dog