Pumpkin Cookie Dog Treat Recipe
This recipe was submitted by one of our Petplace.com dog lovers. Judy Russell wrote that it was one of her favorite dog treat recipes. – Thanks Judy!
Pumpkin Cookie Dog Treats
- 1-1/2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C. pumpkin, canned
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 Tbs. Crisco
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and cut in shortening.
- Beat egg with milk and pumpkin and combine with flour, mixing well.
- Stir until soft dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.