PetPartners, Inc. is an indirect corporate affiliate of PetPlace.com. PetPlace may be compensated when you click on or make a purchase using the links in this article.
A client gave me these recipes and they are great. I made them this past weekend and they were easy and well received by our dogs. I thought I'd share them with you. Happy baking!
Basic Gourmet Dog Snack
These are easy and very good (well at least my parents dog loves them!).
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Gently roll out to ¼ inch thickness.
4. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter.
5. Bake 30 – 40 minutes
6. Allow to cool and store in a tightly sealed container.
Easy Microwave Doggie Treats
These are also easy and turn out very good. I was a little apprehensive about trying this recipe the first time but now it is one of my favorite dog treat recipes.
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, milk, oats and sugar.
2. Cut into shortening.
3. Add egg, bouillon and hot water.
4. Knead 5 minutes.
5. Roll ½ inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters. (Bone shapes are great! The smaller shapes work better and allow the cookie to cook more evenly. If possible – avoid extra large cookie shapes for this microwave recipe.)
6. Microwave in a microwave proof dish at 50% power for 5 to 10 minutes. (I've always needed close to 10 minutes).
7. Allow to cool – remove from plate.
8. Allow to cool and store in tightly sealed container.
* If you don't have the granules – use one bouillon cube in the ½ cup of hot water. Allow to dissolve and t his works great too.
Do you have any favorite dog or cat treat recipe you'd like to share? Or do you have any comments on the above recipes? I'd love to hear from you. Email us!