Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?

Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?

Our question this week was:

Are over the counter ant traps poisonous to dogs?

Patricia Jensen

Answer

Hi – thanks for your email. You asked if ant traps are toxic. The answer is that most ant traps are not toxic to dogs. The biggest problem from the traps is the dogs that eat the plastic or metal trap themselves that can cause parts to get caught in the stomach or intestine creating a "foreign body" problem. Call the 1800 number on the box to be sure.

Best of luck!

Dr. Debra

To read most recent questions Click here!

Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!

number-of-posts0 paws up

Previous / Next Article

Previous Article button

Vet Q&A

Puppies Thrown From A Car Window! What Would You Do?

Next Article button