Our question this week was:
My Yorkie Pomeranian cross dog ate a round piece of bubble gum. He swallowed it whole. Will it hurt him? Should I be worried?
Hi Stacie– thanks for your email. Bubble gum does not cause a problem in most dogs. It will probably soften as it gets to his stomach and he should pass it on though.
Signs of a problem would be vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite and/or abdominal pain.
Best of luck!
To read most recent questions Click here!
Click here to see the full list of Ask Dr. Debra Questions and Answers!