Calmly and Carefully Hitting the Road with Pets
Content Sponsored by King Kanine.
Whether you’re reuniting with friends and family, revisiting favorite places, or discovering new destinations, there’s nothing like a road trip. For pet owners, hitting the road is even better with four-legged companions in tow.
Introducing the Car and the Road
The best way to ensure pets are comfortable in the car and on the road is to introduce drives of varying distances during their early socialization periods. For pet parents, socializing dogs and cats means providing exposure to as many new sights, sensations, and experiences as possible. Doing so can help to discourage feelings of anxiousness around the unfamiliar. A pet who’s had poor socialization (or little to no socialization) may exhibit fearful, destructive, and repetitive behaviors when confronted with new people, places, and things later in life.
Before embarking on a long trip, pet owners should bring their four-legged friends along for trips around the block or even short getaways. This will not only help pets get used to road tripping, but will help owners get a sense of how their pet responds to sensations like wearing a safety harness, traveling at varying speeds, and suddenly stopping or starting. A few trial runs will ensure all parties are better prepared to hit the road for extended vacations.
Packing for the Trip
- Plenty of food and water: If you’re making an extended trip, you’ll want to pack plenty of food and water to serve up during stops. You can’t be sure that you’ll have access to clean water on the road, so make sure to pack enough bottled H20. Don’t forget collapsible travel bowls!
- Familiar objects: The scent of home can help pets better relax on the road, so make sure to bring along a bed, blanket, favorite toys, and other objects with familiar feelings and scents.
- Identification tags: It’s a sad fact of pet ownership; dogs and cats sometimes make a break for it and get lost. Up-to-date ID tags can dramatically increase the chances of lost pets finding their way home. Talk to your pet’s veterinarian about microchipping to further increase the likelihood of a reunion.
- Cleaning products: Stock up on products for eliminating stains, reducing unpleasant scents, and removing excess hair from your car’s interior before heading out.
Planning to make several trips this summer? Save time by assembling a road trip bag.
CBD Products from King Kanine™
Cannabidiol (CBD) is everywhere these days – in capsules, ointments, foods, and more. Proponents suggest the ingredient, a non-psychoactive compound found in hemp, may provide a host of mental and physical benefits:
- Alleviating anxiousness
- Reducing inflammation
- Fighting feelings of discomfort
The team at King Kanine believes that pets should enjoy these benefits too. They use CBD in a line of all-natural calming products that are trusted by pet parents from coast to coast. Every product is produced in US-based facilities and tested by third-party evaluators to ensure quality and safety are met. If you’re not satisfied, King Kanine offers all shoppers a 30-day money back guarantee. They also provide a handy dosage chart with every product to help guide first-time users.
- KING KALM™ 600mg CBD with Copaiba & Krill Oil and DHA: King Kanine’s strongest and most popular CBD oil features a broad spectrum of high-quality ingredients to promote overall health and address feelings of anxiousness your pet may experience on the road.
- KING KALM™ CBD 300mg – Large Size Pet & Dog Formula: Containing broad-spectrum CBD oil and krill oil, this formula is the ideal choice for larger pets of any sort.
- KING KALM™ CBD 150mg – Medium Size Pet Formula: Keep mid-sized pets calm at home and on the go with this King Kanine blend. The Omega-3s found in its krill oil can help with CBD absorption.
- KING KALM™ CBD 75mg – Small Size Dog & Cat Formula: Even small pets can benefit from natural ingredients like CBD and krill oil thanks to this popular product.
Don’t let the name fool you. KingKanine products are great for felines too – and all sorts of other pets.
- KING KALM ™ CBD Mange & Mite Management Spray: This soothing spray offers the therapeutic benefits of CBD while simultaneously addressing a number of common paw, coat, and skin conditions. It’s particularly effective against mange and ringworms.
- KING KALM™ Balm: With all-natural components like beeswax and coconut oil, this balm is great for both protecting paws and soothing them.
- KING KALM™ Crunch: These calming chews come in a trio of palate-pleasing flavors – Honey Oats, Apple Cinnamon, and Blueberry.
Don’t Forget These King Kanine Products
In addition to calming CBD products, King Kanine provides a range of additional pet essentials.
- KING KLEAN™ Pet Bed Spray: The smell of a pet’s favorite bed probably isn’t one of your favorite scents. This spray, scented naturally with lemongrass, kills 99% of odor-causing bacteria to ensure nasty stench is fully eliminated, not just covered up.
- KING KOMB™ and KING KOMB Mini: These handy combs were designed by pet lovers, for pet lovers to discourage excessive shedding and reduce allergens without irritating delicate skin. It’s the perfect tool for keeping cars clean and promoting a healthy coat.
- KING KLEAN™ In-Between Bath Spray :This odor-eliminating spray is made in an FDA-registered facility from natural ingredients, including aloe vera and lemongrass. You’ll love the pleasant scent as well as the odor-fighting power.
Part 2: Coming Soon
Next month, we’ll offer tips for safe driving with pets, as well a guide to pet-friendly destinations around the country. See you then!