Effective September 16, 2023
The Information We Collect and Its Use
Information Provided by You
PetPlace and our agents, vendors, consultants, affiliates, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may collect information you provide directly via the Service. For example, we and our Service Providers collect information from you in order to provide you with the information you request from us such as category specific newsletter, or to verify a comment you make to content we post, or to respond to an inquiry you make of us on the Service. We and our Service Providers may ask you to provide personal information when you comment on an article of content, request information, sign up to receive our newsletters, or sign up to receive offers from third parties partnering with the Service.
Information Collected Automatically
Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device fingerprinting, in-app tracking methods, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain longer. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Features, and Devices” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources
Use of Information
- Manage our Service, including your subscription to newsletters or other programs we may provide and for which you have selected;
- Respond to your comments, questions, emails and other requests, and to provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Conduct research, including surveys, focus groups, or other insight gathering methods;
- Improve the Service or other affiliate websites, applciations, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Send you an email if you have submitted an inquiry or commented on an article of content to confirm that such was made by you;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, and events we think may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
Information We Disclose – Sharing of Information
Our affiliate companies and Service Providers may receive, or be given access to your information, including Personal Information and Usage Information, and information about your pet(s) in connection with their work with us or on our behalf. Except as otherwise set forth in this section, these Service Providers are prohibited from using your information, including Personal Information, for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- To comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by law enforcement or other public authorities or subpoena, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to protect the integrity of the Service or company if we believe that a user has committed unlawful or otherwise harmful acts; or to protect our interests relating to a legal proceeding;
- To protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Service, or any affiliate or third party, or if we believe such disclosure is in your vital interest;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, consolidation with or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of the Service or our assets, or transfer or all or a portion of our business to an affiliated entity or third party;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes and other entities that operate websites for us;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including audience profiling and direct marketing purposes;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and with your consent or discretion. For example, if you consent, we may send you newsletters featuring updates regarding our Service, or send you via email relevant offers by third party or affiliate;
- Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you or information obtained from public sources with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
PetPlace may offer sweepstakes, surveys, contests, and other promotions (hereafter referred to as “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter in or participate in a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners listing). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Third Party Service, Features and Devices
While most of PetPlace.com content and information is provided in-house, the Service also contains content from and hyperlinked to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, our Service contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Service through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you use a Third Party Feature when you access an insurance provider through a hyperlink on our Service. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you. Also, if you use a Third Party Feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third Party Feature. If you publically reference our Service on a Third Party Service (e.g., by using a hashtag with Company or Service in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Service.
Our Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on our Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to the Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad service services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Internet-based Advertising”).
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing Your Information
You have the right to/may access, update, or remove certain information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an email to us (see the Contact Us page on the Service). We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionality and options so you may need to set them separately. With respect to any future mobile apps, you can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service, your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. For information on “Do Not Track”, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
You may exercise choices regarding receipt of Interest-Based Advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA” Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-Based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadverstising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt-out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer received any targeted content and /or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Service and the company are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receive certain promotional communications (emails) from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in newsletters or in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or by emailing us via the Contact Us page on the Service. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications such as those about your subscription, transactions, servicing or company’s ongoing business relations.
California Consumer Privacy Act
We are committed to protecting your privacy. If you are a California resident, California law has afforded you certain rights pertaining to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (“CCPA”).
What May I Request?
- Right to Know. You can request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources for that personal information, (iii) the purposes for which we will use that information, (iv) the categories of any third parties with whom we may disclose that information, and (v) the categories of information that we may disclose to any third parties. We will provide you this information for the 12-month period preceding your request. You can make a request to know twice a year.
- Right to Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information and ask that our service providers to do the same. We will honor the request to delete unless one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: information that is necessary to complete a transaction or contract for which it was collected.
- Security: to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents.
- Error Correction: to identify and repair any errors or bugs.
- Non-identifying information: To help diagnose problems and administer our site, information such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system may be gathered, but do not identify any individual.
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations, to protect against fraud or illegal activity, or to ensure the right of a consumer to exercise rights, such as free speech rights.
- Internal Use: to use in a lawful manner that is reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer and the context in which the consumer provided the information (i.e., improve our services).
- Right to Opt Out of Sales or Sharing. We do not sell your information. You may opt out of us sharing your information by submitting a request.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you and we will not charge you a different price or provide a different level of service for exercising your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You can request correction of any inaccurate personal information we have about you.
- Right to Limit. Upon your direction, we will limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about you, such as only using this information to provide you with the services you requested.
Please be aware that most of the information we collect may be governed by other laws and not the CCPA, such as the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
May I Use an Authorized Agent?
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
May I Make Multiple Requests?
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
How Long Will it Take to Process My Request?
For verifiable consumer requests related to opting out of the sharing of data, we will respond within fifteen (15) days of receiving the request.
For all other requests, we will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of receipt. If necessary, we may require an additional forty-five (45) calendar days, at which point we would inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will provide an explanation in the event we are unable to process a request in whole or in part.
What Do I Need to Provide When Making a Request?
In order to verify your identity when you are making a request, you may need to provide the following information if applicable:
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Email address
We will match this information to the information in our systems and under certain circumstances may request additional information via email or telephone to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. We will maintain a record of your request.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, chats, social media, etc.).
How May I Make a Request?
You may make a request using one of the methods below:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Sending us a request via mail to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Independence American Holdings Corp.
11333 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Service does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Service has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please email us via the Contact Us page of the Service, or send us a letter to PetPlace c/o Independence American Holdings Corp., 11333 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 and we will remove such date to the extent required by regulation.
PetPlace takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.