A Fun Fall Recipe For Your Dog
In addition to cooler temperatures and falling leaves, the autumn months offer a number of delicious treats for dogs. Though our furry friends can’t partake in Halloween candy or Thanksgiving dinner, there are plenty of seasonal snacks for them to enjoy.
A fall favorite like pumpkin pairs perfectly with a year-round crowd pleaser like peanut butter in these dog-safe autumn snacks.
Pumpkin Pooch Bites
- 2 ½ cup flour (preferably whole wheat)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter*
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients. Add water as necessary.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll your dough flat.
- Cut your dough into pieces. Try to keep pieces around ½ inch thick.
- Bake dough in your preheated oven until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.
*Be sure to avoid peanut butter containing sweeteners like Xylitol, which can be toxic to dogs.