How Do You Name a Pampered Feline?
A pampered, spoiled cat is hard to define. How do you differentiate a spoiled cat from a regular Maine Coon relaxed cat? The cat will let you know.
As soon as you know your cat is king/queen/alpha of the house, a fitting name for your royal friend is required.
Perhaps the name can cater to the lifestyle of the cat? Maybe it caters to the cat’s personality?
To go along with their laidback, relaxed, easy-going, catnip and cat toy-filled life, a pampered cat needs a name just as catered to.
Here are a few names that could fit such an exquisite pet:
Human Pampered Cat Names
Some people prefer more human names for their pets. Perhaps it gives them even more of a running start in their superb cat life. Maybe, it makes them more a member of the family than they already are. On the other hand, maybe it’s just because it’s the right fit for the feline and their lifestyle!
- Beau or Bella – The names themselves stand for pretty and handsome. What is more fitting than calling a beautiful mouser just that every day?
- Beauregard – Respected and highly regarded – A name for a strong hound that stands out.
- Berlioz – From The Aristocats
- Dolce or Gabbana – Noticeably named after the great designers Stefano Gabbana or Domenico Dolce. That name lends a hand to the fabulous, possibly well-styled, frivolous feline life.
- Louis – A name fit for a king. Or maybe with the last name Vuitton!
- Marie – Form The Aristocats
- Maximus – The greatest!
- Orly – Comes from a Hebrew origin meaning “light of mine,” and it suits the cat that lights up your life!
- Prada – Mario Prada, the Italian designer
- Rockefeller – Known for his furtun…ate amount of cat toys!
- Stella – What shines more stunningly than your own little star?
- Toulouse – From The Aristocats
- Veruca – Like the spoiled girl from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Does she get everything she wants? It might be a fit!
Non-Human Pampered Cat Names
Some prefer non-human names for their cat. It gives the idea of mystery and sometimes asks the question, “Where did you get their name from?”
- August – Dignified or noble
- Babe – The connotation of pampered and loved.
- Ben/Bene – Latin root meaning well, good, or very.
- Bingo – Right on the money! But, seriously, what’s a better fit for a perfect cat in a perfect home?
- Caddy – Cadillac
- Dexter – Fortunate
- Duchess, Duke, Prince, or Princess – Everyone has read, heard, and seen fairytales! The presence of a royal figure in the home must be cause for strings and toys galore!
- Fancy – Elaborate, exquisite, elegant, expensive and the perfect name for your fancy little moggy.
- Fifi or Fluffy- A little more on the cliché side of things, but an ornamenting name for an adorable, cherished feline.
- Indy – for Indulgence
- Phil – Greek root for love or friendship.
- Mimados – Spanish for pampered.
- Mr. Bigglesworth – Dr. Evil’s cat from Austin Powers
- Mr. Tinkles – The evil cat from Cats & Dogs who plans to overthrow the canine population
- Rex – Meaning king or mighty.
- Snowbell – The pampered feline from Stewart Little
- Tiffany – With a tiffany blue collar?
- Viziati – Maybe Vizi for short? Italian for spoiled.
For More Information
Feel free to share with us more pampered names by commenting and sharing your idea below. We’d love to add your pampered cat name to our list!