Petplace.com Pet Lovers Speak Out On Common Etiquette Problems
A long-time friend with 3 dogs wants to come visit and says that they are bringing the dogs. You really don’t want their dogs – you have two of your own and one doesn’t get along with all dogs. What do you do?
- Tell them they are welcome but not to bring the dogs – 40.5%
- Deal with the dogs – after all they have been a long time friend -3.6%
- Allow them to bring the dogs but organize a system to keep the dogs separate – 48.9%
- Offer to pay for local boarding once they are in town – 11.3%
A woman and her husband just split up – the dogs have always been together and really seem to love each other but each really wants to keep one. What is best?
- Keep the dogs together – woman should get the dogs – 32.1%
- Keep the dogs together – man should get the dogs – 7.5%
- Split the dogs up – they will be okay – 60.4%
My dog doesn’t really seem to warm up to my boyfriend – this a bad sign of his character?
- Yes, it is a bad sign of his character – 30.7%
- No, it is not a bad sign of his character – 34.6%
- Not sure – 35.6%
My neighbor’s dogs always greets me by smelling my crotch. It is embarrassing. I’m constantly pushing the dog away. What should I do? Should I say something?
- Yes, say something that if they can’t control their dog – you won’t talk to them – 28.9%
- No, don’t say anything – 45.1%
- Avoid them and thus the dog – 26.0%
Whenever I go to my friends house (she has 7 cats) – I leave with cat hair all over me – what should I do?
- Visit and deal with the hair – 71.2%
- Say something about the hair – 11.9%
- Buy her supplies to pick/up the hair – 11.6%
- Offer to help her clean her home – 4.9%
- Stop visiting her – 8.3%
My neighbor has (I’m not actually sure) but at least 12 dogs. They are dirty – some are tied to trees – they don’t seem to get much attention. Is there anything I can do?
- Don’t say anything – 1.3%
- Report her to the local animal control authorities – 98.7%
I have an 8-year-old cat that lost his cat companion about 2 months ago. The cat had been with him since day one (died when he was 14 years old). Should I get another cat?
- Yes, get another cat – 85.5%
- No, don’t get another cat – 14.9%
I love cats and my fiancé loves dogs. I have 3 cats and he has 2 dogs. His dogs seem to hate cats and my cats hate (are afraid of) dogs. I love him but don’t know what to do.
- Leave him and find a cat lover – 14.0%
- Get rid of your cats – 0.2%
- Ask him to get rid of his dogs – 0.5%
- Live together and figure how if it will work – allow the cats to live upstairs and the dogs down to start – 86.5%