Pets Can Help You Stick to New Year’s Resolutions
The statistics on New Year’s resolutions paint a grim picture. Studies suggest that the majority of resolution-makers fall well short of their goals; 80% don’t even make it to February before throwing in the towel. Pet parents don’t need to look far for a little extra motivation. Dogs, cats, and other pets are the perfect partners for making many popular New Year’s resolutions a reality.
Get More Exercise
The most popular New Year’s resolution (according to a recent YouGov study), getting into shape may also be among the resolutions with the lowest annual success rates. Countless Americans set fitness goals for the incoming year after indulging throughout the holiday season. Anyone who’s ever frequented a gym during the year’s early weeks can attest to the fact that those goals are often (very) short-lived.
For dog owners, walks make it easy to work extra active minutes into every day. A 2017 study of more than 3,000 UK dog owners found that people with pups were 20% more likely to maintain a regular exercise schedule. Even cat owners can get a few extra steps in alongside their four-legged companions with occasional walks.
Pick Up a Hobby
Your pet will thank you for picking up hobbies like these:
- Photography: Share photos and videos with friends on social media to make your pet a star. Need some guidance? Check out these tips from Instagram famous pups.
- Gardening: If your pet likes spending time outdoors, they could make the perfect companion for hours spent tending a new garden.
- Hiking: Active pets will enjoy taking long walks through nature, appreciating the sights while getting some extra exercise.
Looking to relax and unwind in 2024? Your pet’s the perfect partner to make this goal a reality. Spending time with pets isn’t just a good way to kick back, studies suggest it can even lower your blood pressure and cholesterol. Learn more about the physical and mental health benefits of companionship with animals here.
Hitting the road is all the more enjoyable when pets can come along for the ride. Check out our guides to pet-friendly destinations throughout the country:
- Traveling Off-Leash: 10 Best Cities to Visit with Your Dog
- Pet-Friendly Travel Guide: California
- Visiting Colorado with Pets
- The Pet Lover’s Guide to Florida
- Pet-Friendly Destinations in New England
- Traveling Through New York With Pets
- Your Guide to Pet-Friendly Spots in South Carolina
Pet parenthood can be pricey, but with a good pet insurance policy, it doesn’t have to be. Coverage for your beloved pet could save you money on both routine and emergency care throughout your dog or cat’s lifetime. From standard accident and illness plans to supplemental coverage, pet insurance is an investment that pays off in peace of mind. Want to learn more about coverage for your four-legged family member? Click here.