Dog owners and dog lovers come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. But does having a certain dog say something about you? Some say “yes”. Check out what your dog says about you!
1. Labrador Retriever – Labrador retriever owners are always looking for fun things to do. If necessary, they will gladly provide the fun. They love all sports, especially water sports. These people are known for their kindness, compassionate nature and spontaneity. They will try anything, at least once. Favorite TV show: Anything on the Outdoor Life Network.
2. Golden Retriever – Golden retriever owners are generally laid back good people who love the outdoors. They enjoy spending time with their friends and family and many have jobs where they help people. Most also devote some of their free time to volunteering and frequently donate to various charities. Some can be a little too trusting. Favorite TV show: none. They would rather be socializing.
3. German Shepherds – German shepherd owners are often serious people that tend to be a little shy around strangers. People that don’t know them may consider them to be aloof. But, once you get to know them, they have hearts of gold and will do anything for their friends. They can be fiercely loyal and enjoy helping people. They always want to do what is right, morally and ethically. Favorite TV show: NYPD Blue.
4. Beagles – Owners of beagles are people that enjoy good times. They bring laughter and joy to everyone’s lives. Very social, beagle owners are quite chatty and have lots of friends. They lead active lives but also enjoy spending quality time in front of the TV, watching their favorite show, Everybody Loves Raymond.
5. Yorkshire terriers – Yorkshire terrier owners tend to be fastidious and very organized. They are independent and enjoy a good debate. They keep a very neat and clean house and dress meticulously. A bad hair day is rare but when it happens, it will ruin the whole day. Favorite TV show: Clean Sweep.
6. Dachshunds – Dachshund owners love people and good parties. They can be somewhat stubborn. When they want something, they don’t give up until they get it! These people love gardening, especially digging up things. Favorite TV show: Ground Force.
7. Boxers – Boxer owners love life and are usually quite busy. To them, strangers are just friends they haven’t met yet. Their lives are busy with lots of loyal friends. Some may find them a little too busy and somewhat high strung. These people handle life’s stresses with silliness and playfulness. To them life isn’t worth living if it isn’t full of fun and laughter. Favorite TV show: Seinfeld.
8. Poodles – Poodle owners are sincere and compassionate people. They love passionately and will do anything to help someone in need. They take great pride in their appearance and keep themselves and their homes very clean. They enjoy traveling and fancy restaurants. Favorite TV show: Blow Out.
9. Shih Tzus – Owners of shih tzus are friendly and nonjudgmental and are dearly loved by their friends. They are great confidants and enjoy a calm relaxed lifestyle. They aren’t one to take on extra tasks at work and prefer to be taken care of. They enjoy valet parking and personal shoppers. Favorite TV show: Will & Grace.
10. Chihuahuas – Chihuahua owners are considered quite versatile. They can be fun, serious, a home body or a partier. They are generally very neat and meticulous and take great care of their homes and possessions. They are very loyal to their friends but can be misunderstood by people who don’t know them. Some can be labeled prickly or aloof but actually are warm and loving to their friends. Some can be hot tempered. Favorite TV show: Simple Life.
11. Miniature Schnauzer – Many schnauzer owners can be considered strict and are very organized. There are often lots of rules in the house and a place for everything. Clutter isn’t tolerated. They are loyal and compassionate individuals with a strong work ethic. Favorite TV show: Law & Order.
12. Pug – Pug owners are class clowns. They are always cheerful and happy and love to try new things. They have a great sense of humor and a zest and love of life. They will do anything for a good belly rub! Favorite TV show: SpongeBob SquarePants.
13. Pomeranian – Pomeranian owners love drama and the luxuries of life. They can spend hours in the bathroom primping and getting ready. They have a bounce in their step and love to be the center of attention. Pom owners expect to be treated well and only go to the best restaurants. They are always invited to the hip parties. Favorite TV show: any reality show.
14. Bull Dog – Most bull dog owners love to laugh and be silly but some have a stubborn streak. They like to do things in their own time and in their own way. They are very methodical and look for the easiest and most efficient way to get things done. They love their family dearly and can be very romantic. They have a sentimental streak and love to sit in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn. Favorite TV show: The Simpson.
15. Cocker Spaniel American – Cocker spaniel owners often have busy lives but will do whatever it takes to spend quality time with their families. They love to be romanced and like lots of drama in their lives. Some can be quick-tempered. These owners love looking good and spend time at the gym and at the salon getting their look just right. They don’t really like change and don’t make new friends easily. But, they have several very good friends, many since childhood. Favorite TV show: Desperate Housewives.
16. Rottweiler – Rottweiler owners are serious and determined people that may be described as “intense”by people that know them well. They have a strong sense of right and wrong and are well respected by their friends and coworkers. They have an air of confidence and those that don’t know them may think they are aloof. But once you get to know them, they are devoted and loyal friends. Favorite TV show: American Justice.
17. Boston Terrier– Owners of Boston terriers are compassionate people that make lifelong good friends. They are very friendly and happy people. Friends consider them to be extroverts with a silly streak. They love practical jokes and making people laugh. They are kind and respectful of others and rarely have a negative thing to say. Favorite TV show: Punk’d.
18. Shetland Sheepdog – Shetland sheepdog owners are kind people that love taking care of others. Most work in a service oriented field or stay at home with the kids. They love to keep themselves looking good and are often presidents of their local neighborhood group. Their homes are kept immaculate and their yards are the envy of everyone. Favorite TV show: Days of our Lives.
19. Maltese – Maltese owners love to be pampered. They spend hours at the mall looking for that perfect outfit or have a personal shopper. They have a standing appointment at the hairdresser’s. They only go to the best restaurants and are always the top of the list at premieres. They enjoy their busy lives with lots of friends and would rather be gossiping and spending a leisurely lunch with friends than working. Favorite TV show: Sex and the City.
20. German Shorthaired Pointer – German shorthaired pointer owners are athletic and have excellent hand-eye coordination. They are friendly but enjoy solitude. Many spend their weekends hiking or geo-caching. Their dream is to compete in a triathalon or be part of Eco-Challenge. Favorite TV show: anything on ESPN.
21. Miniature Pinscher – Miniature pinscher owners are fastidious and very clean. They like things in order and some may be considered obsessive/compulsive. They like to stay well informed on current events and politics. Their homes are immaculate and they love to have big parties for all their friends. To people that don’t know them, min pin owners can seem a little prickly but actually they are just shy and really do like most people. Favorite TV show: Monk.
22. Doberman Pinscher – Owners of Doberman pinschers are often serious, intense and determined. They are quiet and very stoic and like to be in control. They enjoy learning new things and teaching others. Dobie owners are neat and tidy and strive to get what they want in a polite manner. Favorite TV show: CSI.
23. Pembroke Welsh Corgi – Many Corgi owners may be described at witty. They are intelligent people with a dry sense of humor. They are studious and work hard but also love to play. They are quick to laugh and eager to make others feel comfortable. Favorite TV show: Anything on BBC America.l
24. Siberian Husky – Husky owners are busy people struggling to keep their family, work and home lives all together. They are kind hearted people that will do anything to help someone in need. They love sports, especially cold weather sports. They tend to not like the dentist or doctor too much and avoid going unless absolutely necessary. When they are sick, they like to have others around to take care of them. Favorite TV show: Northern Exposure.
25. Basset Hound – Many Basset hound owners are laid back and enjoy the comforts of home. They have lots of great traits but are never considered overly neat or meticulous. The like to sleep in and waking up early can be a struggle. Basset owners enjoy being silly and making others laugh but can also be stubborn. Favorite TV show: Reno 911!
26. Bichon Frise – Owners of bichons are clean and neat, especially their hair. They can spend hours in the bathroom primping and preening. They love going on dates, especially to 4-star restaurants and opening nights at the theatre. Some are wine connoisseurs and art aficionados. They are considered good friends and loyal companions. Favorite TV show: Charlie’s Angels.
27. Great Dane – Owners of Great Danes are good-hearted people with a keen sense of responsibility. They take their life and work seriously and strive to do their very best. They like to keep on top of world events and like to debate important issues with others. They aren’t prone to silliness but do enjoy lounging around the house on the weekends. Favorite TV show: 60 Minutes.
28. English Springer Spaniel – Springer owners enjoy the outdoors. Most have jobs that let them spend the majority of their days out of the office. On the weekends, they can be found camping, hiking or tinkering in the garden. They don’t spend a lot of time on the sofa. Their favorite thing is to spend an evening at a barbeque with friends. Favorite TV show: MacGuyver.
29. Weimaraner – Owners of Weimaraners have full active lives. They typically have a few good friends and lots of acquaintances. They like mystery and have a tendency to see coincidences as part of some bigger conspiracy. They are devoted to their friends but have a hard time trusting others. They like antiques and have a well decorated home. Favorite TV show: X-Files.
30. Brittany – Brittany owners are fun loving and fast living. They prefer to be single and enjoy serial monogamy. They love their mate dearly while they are in a relationship but can get bored easily and quickly move on to new relationships. Once they find their soul mate, they are fiercely loyal and would never consider straying. Favorite TV show: Nascar racing.
31. West Highland White Terrier – Westie owners are hard working and good at saving their money. They can find humor in almost anything and can have fun even at a funeral. They are involved in many activities and are great multi-taskers. They have a knack for connecting with children. Favorite TV show: Three Stooges.
32. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Cavalier King Charles spaniel owners are soft-hearted good people. They can be reserved, shy, sweet and good listeners. They believe in magic and are very romantic. Valentine’s day is their favorite day. Some believe in angels and consult psychics. Those that are married have wonderful relationships. Those not yet married are waiting for their ‘white knights’. Favorite TV show: Charmed.
33. Mastiff – Owners of Mastiffs are often bold, loud and proud. They are the strong silent type with hearts of gold. They will do anything for someone in need. They are romantic, but usually not in public. They are usually secure and confident and very protective though some can use their size to hide insecurities. Favorite TV show: Kojak.
34. Australian Shepherd – Australian Shepherd owners are active and love the outdoors. They like nothing better than spending time at the beach or park playing Frisbee. They are very expressive in their communications and love to talk. They can be quite competitive and have lots of friends. They have an enviable zest for life. Favorite TV show: anything on ESPN.
35. Papillion – Papillion owners are meticulous and precise. They can be opinionated and know what they want and what they like. They are talkative and don’t like long silences. They strive to look good and spend lots of time getting ready to go out. They can be happy at a fancy restaurant or a picnic in the park. Favorite TV show: Guiding Light.
36. Collie (Rough) & (Smooth) – Collie owners are sincere and compassionate about life. They are often family-oriented and enjoy traditional family activities. They like to keep things together and for those with children, empty nest syndrome can be severe. They like to get things done and don’t procrastinate. If you want something done, and done right, ask a collie owner. Favorite TV show: Lassie (of course!)
37. Saint Bernard – Owners of Saint Bernards are not very active people. They would prefer a snooze on the sofa to a jog in the park. Cooking evening meals isn’t for them. They prefer fast food or microwave meals. They tend to let things slide but if it is something important, they will move heaven and earth to get it done. They are devoted to their friends and will do anything to help someone in need. Favorite TV show: Rescue Me.
38. Pekingese – Pekingese owners are often considered cute and funny. They pride themselves on their looks and sense of humor. They have a regal air about them and are always fashionable. They love to go out clubbing and can spend the night dancing. But too much activity can take their breath away and they need to frequently rest. They like to be pampered and love to gossip. Favorite TV show: Oprah.
39. Lhasa Apso – Lhasa apso owners are conservative, friendly, open-minded individuals. They enjoy a calm relaxed lifestyle. Most are married with several children. Their favorite thing is to spend time every day with their family. They are usually always happy and sometimes silly, especially to make their kids laugh. Favorite TV show: Rugrats.
40. Neopolitan Mastiff – Neapolitan mastiff owners are generally very intelligent and kind and love music. They prefer an active lifestyle and are often family-oriented. They are laid back and love spending time with kids, especially teenagers. They love to bake and often take food to work. They are well known for their small intimate dinner parties. Favorite TV show: MTV
41. Chinese Shar Pei – Shar pei owners tend to be bold and can be aggressive at times. They can be short-tempered and hold a grudge but are very loyal to their friends. They often have firm ideas and do not often change their minds about things. They are opinionated and not shy about voicing those opinions. Favorite TV show: Politically Incorrect.
42. Scottish Terrier – Scottish terrier owners are often busy and organized. They have good friends and can multi-task quite effectively. They like to keep informed on current events and is usually the first in their group to know things. People tend to confide in them and they can keep secrets very well. Favorite TV show: Nightly News.
43. Cairn Terrier – Owners of cairn terriers are kind and gentle but intense. They pay good attention to detail and are well organized. They are great at multitasking. If they don’t have several things to do, they feel useless and lazy. Some are considered to be workaholics. They love the outdoors and can spend hours tending to their gardens. Favorite TV movie: Wizard of Oz (of course!).
44. Vizsla – Vizsla owners are often highly intelligent with a dry sense of humor. They often stay in touch with current events and are well informed. They are not prone to silliness and command respect from friends and coworkers. They are well dressed and love to dress up for fancy dinner parties. Favorite TV show: Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
45. Newfoundland – Newfoundland owners are laid back and relaxed people. Nothing seems to get them worked up. They are big bears with hearts of gold. But, if there is a crisis, they are the first ones to help and will even risk their lives to save someone else. They live to feel needed and are very romantic. Most love water sports and small intimate dinner parties. Favorite TV show: The Cosby Show
46. Chesapeake Bay Retriever – Chesapeake Bay retriever owners are nice, good people that care about the environment. They encourage recycling and drive hybrid cars. They lead active lives and are quite playful but can be serious when necessary. They are quiet around strangers but very talkative with their friends. Favorite TV show: any sport show.
47. Bullmastiff – Bullmastiff owners are often assertive and like to get their way. They prefer an active lifestyle and are family-oriented. They can be opinionated and like to make sure others know what they consider to be right and wrong. They have a strong sense of justice and are appalled when people get away with crime. Favorite TV show: Court TV (especially Nancy Grace).
48. Bernese Mountain Dog– Bernese Mountain dogs are very centered and focused on life and family. They tend to be calm in a crisis and love their family. They don’t enjoy spending time alone. Unmarried Bernese Mountain dog owners love spending time with the guys or girls. Once they are married with children, they prefer spending time with their kids. Some stay home to home school their children. Quality family time is very important to them. Favorite TV show: Full House.
49. French Bulldog – French bulldog owners are funny and silly. They are the class clown and life of the party. They can be serious if they absolutely have to be but someone usually needs to tell them when to stop joking around. They can be romantic, sprinkled with some humor. They enjoy life and love to laugh. They tend to want to be the center of attention and can get jealous when others are getting all the glory. Favorite TV show: South Park.
50. Bloodhound – Bloodhound owners are laid back and truly enjoy life in their own calm way. They like to sit and listen to the sounds of nature and the beauty of the earth. They can always be relied on to help anyone in need. Looks aren’t important to them; it is the character and soul that matters. Favorite TV show: Missing.
These generalizations are just that, generalizations that were created to be fun and are not written to offend anyone.