Dog owners and dog lovers come in all shapes, sizes and personalities. But does having a certain dog say something about you? Some say “yes”. Check out what your dog says about you!
1. Labrador Retriever – Labrador retriever owners are always looking for fun things to do. If necessary, they will gladly provide the fun. They love all sports, especially water sports. These people are known for their kindness, compassionate nature and spontaneity. They will try anything, at least once. Favorite TV show: Anything on the Outdoor Life Network.
2. Golden Retriever – Golden retriever owners are generally laid back good people who love the outdoors. They enjoy spending time with their friends and family and many have jobs where they help people. Most also devote some of their free time to volunteering and frequently donate to various charities. Some can be a little too trusting. Favorite TV show: none. They would rather be socializing.
3. German Shepherds – German shepherd owners are often serious people that tend to be a little shy around strangers. People that don’t know them may consider them to be aloof. But, once you get to know them, they have hearts of gold and will do anything for their friends. They can be fiercely loyal and enjoy helping people. They always want to do what is right, morally and ethically. Favorite TV show: NYPD Blue.
4. Beagles – Owners of beagles are people that enjoy good times. They bring laughter and joy to everyone’s lives. Very social, beagle owners are quite chatty and have lots of friends. They lead active lives but also enjoy spending quality time in front of the TV, watching their favorite show, Everybody Loves Raymond.
5. Yorkshire terriers – Yorkshire terrier owners tend to be fastidious and very organized. They are independent and enjoy a good debate. They keep a very neat and clean house and dress meticulously. A bad hair day is rare but when it happens, it will ruin the whole day. Favorite TV show: Clean Sweep.
6. Dachshunds – Dachshund owners love people and good parties. They can be somewhat stubborn. When they want something, they don’t give up until they get it! These people love gardening, especially digging up things. Favorite TV show: Ground Force.
7. Boxers – Boxer owners love life and are usually quite busy. To them, strangers are just friends they haven’t met yet. Their lives are busy with lots of loyal friends. Some may find them a little too busy and somewhat high strung. These people handle life’s stresses with silliness and playfulness. To them life isn’t worth living if it isn’t full of fun and laughter. Favorite TV show: Seinfeld.
8. Poodles – Poodle owners are sincere and compassionate people. They love passionately and will do anything to help someone in need. They take great pride in their appearance and keep themselves and their homes very clean. They enjoy traveling and fancy restaurants. Favorite TV show: Blow Out.
9. Shih Tzus – Owners of shih tzus are friendly and nonjudgmental and are dearly loved by their friends. They are great confidants and enjoy a calm relaxed lifestyle. They aren’t one to take on extra tasks at work and prefer to be taken care of. They enjoy valet parking and personal shoppers. Favorite TV show: Will & Grace.
10. Chihuahuas – Chihuahua owners are considered quite versatile. They can be fun, serious, a home body or a partier. They are generally very neat and meticulous and take great care of their homes and possessions. They are very loyal to their friends but can be misunderstood by people who don’t know them. Some can be labeled prickly or aloof but actually are warm and loving to their friends. Some can be hot tempered. Favorite TV show: Simple Life.
11. Miniature Schnauzer – Many schnauzer owners can be considered strict and are very organized. There are often lots of rules in the house and a place for everything. Clutter isn’t tolerated. They are loyal and compassionate individuals with a strong work ethic. Favorite TV show: Law & Order.
12. Pug – Pug owners are class clowns. They are always cheerful and happy and love to try new things. They have a great sense of humor and a zest and love of life. They will do anything for a good belly rub! Favorite TV show: SpongeBob SquarePants.
13. Pomeranian – Pomeranian owners love drama and the luxuries of life. They can spend hours in the bathroom primping and getting ready. They have a bounce in their step and love to be the center of attention. Pom owners expect to be treated well and only go to the best restaurants. They are always invited to the hip parties. Favorite TV show: any reality show.
14. Bull Dog – Most bull dog owners love to laugh and be silly but some have a stubborn streak. They like to do things in their own time and in their own way. They are very methodical and look for the easiest and most efficient way to get things done. They love their family dearly and can be very romantic. They have a sentimental streak and love to sit in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn. Favorite TV show: The Simpson.
15. Cocker Spaniel American – Cocker spaniel owners often have busy lives but will do whatever it takes to spend quality time with their families. They love to be romanced and like lots of drama in their lives. Some can be quick-tempered. These owners love looking good and spend time at the gym and at the salon getting their look just right. They don’t really like change and don’t make new friends easily. But, they have several very good friends, many since childhood. Favorite TV show: Desperate Housewives.
16. Rottweiler – Rottweiler owners are serious and determined people that may be described as “intense”by people that know them well. They have a strong sense of right and wrong and are well respected by their friends and coworkers. They have an air of confidence and those that don’t know them may think they are aloof. But once you get to know them, they are devoted and loyal friends. Favorite TV show: American Justice.
17. Boston Terrier– Owners of Boston terriers are compassionate people that make lifelong good friends. They are very friendly and happy people. Friends consider them to be extroverts with a silly streak. They love practical jokes and making people laugh. They are kind and respectful of others and rarely have a negative thing to say. Favorite TV show: Punk’d.
18. Shetland Sheepdog – Shetland sheepdog owners are kind people that love taking care of others. Most work in a service oriented field or stay at home with the kids. They love to keep themselves looking good and are often presidents of their local neighborhood group. Their homes are kept immaculate and their yards are the envy of everyone. Favorite TV show: Days of our Lives.
19. Maltese – Maltese owners love to be pampered. They spend hours at the mall looking for that perfect outfit or have a personal shopper. They have a standing appointment at the hairdresser’s. They only go to the best restaurants and are always the top of the list at premieres. They enjoy their busy lives with lots of friends and would rather be gossiping and spending a leisurely lunch with friends than working. Favorite TV show: Sex and the City.
20. German Shorthaired Pointer – German shorthaired pointer owners are athletic and have excellent hand-eye coordination. They are friendly but enjoy solitude. Many spend their weekends hiking or geo-caching. Their dream is to compete in a triathalon or be part of Eco-Challenge. Favorite TV show: anything on ESPN.